Monday, May 18, 2009

Source Chaos

It all went pretty smooth. We posted the Jobs in Jobsites, put it up for Employee Referral & hired couple of consultants too. The position was critical & we wanted to have the best of Candidates.

We interviewed 10 Candidates, shortlisted 2 & had sent out an offer to the best of Candidates. The Candidate, Rajesh, had just finished the Joining formality & I have introduced him to his Peers, Boss & Subordinates.

I was sure my boss is going to be happy. May be this will also reflect in my appraisal.

Just then, the phone rang…

It was from one of the Consultants we had hired for the assignment.

I said, “Hi, how are you…”

“Great, came the reply… and has Rajesh joined today. We just wanted to raise the bill for him”
I got confused; I thought we had received the application directly from Rajesh through some job site.

I said, “Hey, I thought I had received the application from a Job site”

The consultant said, “We have forwarded the resume to you 15 days back. In fact I also have your acknowledgement for the same”

I said, “Okay, let me check up” & hung up

After going through my email records, I found that I have received the Resume from both the consultant and through the Job site. I had forwarded the resume from Job site to the department people. But the resume from the Consultant had come in earlier.

I decided to talk to my Boss and give the Credit to the Consultant.

When I started to go meet my Boss, another call came in…

“Hi, this is Aditya from IT department. Rajesh has joined today & seemed really happy with the Job offer. In fact he is here with me & promised a treat today for referring him to our Company. By the way, when will you credit my Employee Referral account for him?”

There goes my perfect Day…

PS: This is an imaginative story. But I am sure you would have experienced a similar situation in your company as well.

- Maintaining a Duplicate free Resume Database helps you a lot.

1 comment:

Supriya said...

Most of us in recruitment, have experienced a similar situation, atleast a few times, if not too often. But unlike sales or other functions, HR is an area where people still hesitate in spending money for a software or to get automated or organised.